Monday, January 12, 2009

Not Me Monday

Its that time of the week when we moms post all our misgivings for the week. Be sure to check out McKMama's blog, she started this and deserves props!!



Okay so my son and daughter (both middle schoolers) are very active in sports. My daughter broke 2 bones in her foot doing competitive gymnastics in December. She was also hurt last competitive season. Gymnastics is really expensive and the hubby and I were lamenting paying an obscene amount of money all year for a sport she has been unable to compete in for 2 years due to injuries. SOOOOO I most certainly did not set up an appointment and interview with the local swim team, and I would never speak with the local dive team coach to see what her options were. As a supportive mom, I would never suggest maybe she try a different sport after 8 years and $50,000 later!!! No I would never do that based on money, and fear for her health. No NOT ME.

On top of that I would never allow my son to stay over a friends house on Friday night after the ski trip. Even though he had texted me and said he thought he broke his finger.... I would never brush off the text and allow him an overnight, thus putting the burden on another mom. No NOT ME!!! And I would never call his basketball coach at the last minute and inform him of the said broken finger that was now in a cast!! No I would never procrastinate so long, NOT ME.

And finally for all you out there who suffer from any disease of any type, I would never purposefully delay taking my meds so that the meds were at their peak performance while taking my daughter to her first swim team practice. Why you ask, I am deathly allergic to chlorine!! Nope not me, I would never put myself in jeopardy for my kids, surely I wouldn't do that.... NOT ME!!
Mishele

No comments: