Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Allergies and dealing with them

Well, I pushed my body beyond its limts yesterday. I took my daughter to her first diving lessons. She has decided to put gymnastics aside and give another sport that isn't so hard on her body a try!!!

I am allergic to chlorine. I itch, swell, get fatigued, and my mast cells generally go crazy. So I sat in the pool area for 2.5 hours slowly feeling life seep from my body. By the time we left, her elated, me in pain, we got home and I took some benadryl and went to bed.

This morning I got up fed the kids asked the hubby to take them to school and crawled back into bed till 1130am. WOW it was just exhausting sleeping!!! I was up for 4 hours then back under the covers to rest. Hubby made dinner (God bless him) and the kids did their thing.

The family has decided that maybe, just maybe, I need to quit being super mom and let dad take her to diving!!!

I feel like I have let everyone down. This disease just chips away slowly at everything in your life. I don't know a time when I wasn't sick. I have spent my whole life trying to prove to myself and others that I'm not ill. People look at me and don't see an ill person. They see a spotted mom who does a lot for her family.

2009 is supposed to be the year I get healthy. I have lost 6 pounds, and started working out, and now this set back!! I hope I can persevere and get through all this. I know I can, I just need to stay positive and remember people are counting on me!!

No comments: