Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!

Well 2 more inches of snow and of course the dog needed to go out nice and early to do his business. The cold makes my spots angry, and the kids grumpy. What a combination. My 13 year old son decided last night that his mom..... well lets just say he snuggled, sat and chatted with me and pointed out how he wears the mastocytosis society bracelet every day. I think for a while I was cool to hang out with??
He told me how he tells his friends about his moms spots and how that its a disease so don't make fun of her!!! I was in tears, just listening to his explanation of my suffering. I work really hard to shelter the kids, and with the expansion of my disease this summer, they are no longer as sheltered as I would of liked. But wow my son is amazing in so many ways!!
My daughter and I spent the morning in the Orthopedics office. He broke a bone in the side of her foot during her gymnastics floor routine on Saturday night. She also has a fractured big toe, we figure she did that 3 weeks ago!!! She is one tough girl. Amanda finished her floor routine and placed 2nd in the event. She has to wear a special stabilization boot for 4 weeks. The doctor doesn't feel there is anything wrong with her bones. Thank goodness. I am always worried that my kids will end up with Masto. That scares the bageebies out of me!!
Well off to work, lots to do today!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

were your tryptase levels high???

TuTu's Bliss said...

Hugs and more hugs!! I love your blog

The Spotted Mom said...

Yes my tryptase is high, and my bone marrow biopsy was positive for increased mast cells.