Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tough Thursday

Well out Christmas shopping and getting the groceries and sloshing through the snow left my bones a aching, and my feet a crying. My skin is beat red, my spots are pissed, and my body feels like it has been hit by a mac truck. All in the name of this wonderful holiday we call Christmas. Whatever happened to the simple times when a handmade wooden toy was the cherished gift. Or gesture or hug meant so much?? Now its ipods, itunes gift cards and running from store to store to find just the right thing.
I think we had it right last year, we went to Hawaii and spent 12 glorious days relaxing and sightseeing the 4 islands. Tremendous fun was had by all, and I have never had such a relaxing holdiay. AHHHHH maybe next year. This year its Vicodin, antihistamines (extra), gastrocom and a large bottle of wine....

No comments: