Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday Blues

Well being a chronically ill person tends to lead you to the blues. But being a mom really should have more ups than downs!!!

My son refused to go with my husband Christmas shopping for yours truly. He is 13 and we butt heads fairly constantly. Lately its all "you don't get it mom", and "your so lame mom". All because I want to talk with his 'friends' parents prior to 'hanging out'.

Now I know I am not perfect by any means, I get crabby easily, and sometimes say no out of fear versus real reason. But I ask you, isn't a mom entitled once in a while?? With all the stuff going on in life, and the holidays coming I just feel very out of touch.

Well off to clean the kitchen yet again and do more laundry. I will post my Not Me Monday probably first thing in the morning. Good night to all and may your teenagers be nice to you!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My little boy is 10, and it is just starting!!! Gah! I feel for you!