Monday, December 15, 2008

Not me Monday second installment

Well I didn't have a house full of people this weekend for an early Christmas. I did not eat more than I should of, nearly putting me into a food induced coma. I didn't yell at my kids for messing up the house before the guests arrived. I did not over indulge on wine Saturday night at the company Christmas party. I most certainly did not swell up like a balloon because of said overindulgence. And you know I most certainly would never insult my mother in law for being late again and leaving early to the family get together.
And I would never leave opening my presents till last because I know they are clothes, and after said weekend I don't want to look at clothes that probably won't fit. I didn't cry when said beautiful clothes were indeed beautiful, and shrugged off trying them on because I did not call myself fat.
My daughter will forgive me for not yelling at her when I got frustrated because she is on crutches and can't clean up after herself. I didn't shrug off my sons swollen finger and just taped the broken finger next to another finger because the doctor wouldn't do anything about it anyway.
And finally I am most certainly not just sitting here in my living room on a sub zero degree day, with a long list of to do's and dreaming of crawling back into bed. That is certainly NOT ME!!!

2 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Mmmm... I love eating too much at Christmas parties!! Great list!

Michelle said...

Bravery comes in all forms.. Mostly Moms... and eat too much.. laugh too loud... snuggle everyday.. that's what makes our lives great... MckMama's spot is where I found ya..